Friday, October 06, 2006

Cakes with Colette!


My finished cake!










We were lucky to have Colette Peters in with us the last two days, teaching us about gum paste, cakes, etc. I won't bore you with the gum paste flowers, I seem to be completely inept at making those anyway...they are better served as a tasty snack (seriously!)

But it was really fun building our fondant cakes! The class was very creative...I seemed to go with a pastel theme, everyone was calling it a "baby shower" or "bridal shower" cake...I still have some finishing to do on it, but here is the final result up front! The blue and white one in the background is a fellow student's...

Me with Colette Peters....

1 Comments:

Blogger emily said...

that is totally freggin' awesome.

i'd eat my cell phone if it looked like that.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home