Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Risotto Pot

I'm getting so much milege out of this thing....I pre-heat it in a 450 degree oven, then drop my bread dough in. No spraying the water bottle in the oven, no need for an 800 degree professional oven - I always get a great firm crust and a soft chewy inside! I kind of cheated on this one...made bread the old fashioned way (kneading, a few rises - the horror!) rather than the Sullivan Street bakery no-knead version that's been getting so much attention http://www.sullivanstreetbakery.com/recipes...hey I didn't have a snow day today and 18 hours to kill! Give a girl a break!

Result: I like the no knead version better. This bread was great with the homemade meatballs I made, but was really dense - no great air pockets, crucial to a light-chewy, not heavy-chewy bread. Still, homemade bread during a blizzard? not so bad...

oh and I got flowers from my sweetie too! good end to a nasty day!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home