Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Industry Thingies

Congratulations to Hearth and their blowout 5th Anniversary Party last night. I was impressed with the turnout (and that it's a block from my apt, let's not lie) but these kind of parties make me want to pull another 2001 Inaugural Ball move (without the pre-party jello shots - ahh to be 21 again) where I embarassingly went around to everyone I ever had a class with and talked to/danced with/dined with (ok, tried to dance/dine, but they lost patience with me)...remember those years?? I actually had a really fun time that night....

I can't do that now of course, when I hit these industry events. I have one or two thoughts about my career/life at large haha...like that couple making out at the bar (who were they anyway last night?) and I wasn't just there for the meatballs (damn, they were good) but it's only after the fact that I read about who was at the party, who I should have met, who the "he/she looks familiar but I can't remember from where...." I mean we recognize the Wylie's and Tom Colicchio's, but but...that person there? Argh. What's a good way of doing this without the assistance of pre-event Jello shots? Or more importantly, an equally fun way? I wants to be um...klassy ya know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

What a fascinating life you have. Something right out of a movie it seems. The only opening of any restaurant I ever attended was the Arby's in Payette, ID, and you can forget about any anniversaries :)

Glad you are doing well and keep posting because I'll keep reading.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home